Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day One

After some VERY long flights, I made it here! Went to church this morning, and as usual, I loved the worship time (if you've ever worshipped in Africa, you know what I mean). Then we went to the Nakumatt (grocery store), ate some pizza (my fellow Rwanda parents are laughing at this--more pizza in Africa!!), and headed home. Later, we went shopping at a place very similar to the market we went to in RW.

The girls that Kelsey and Kirby are fostering are so sweet. I'm looking forward to spending time with them. And tomorrow I will go with Kelsey to M1. (Check out the Sixty Feet website if you don't know what that is). Praying for chances to love on some sweet children in Jesus' name.

I'll try to upload some pictures soon. In the meantime, google "ugly birds Uganda" and see the wildlife I am rather fascinated by. :)

Also for my RW people, so far I have seen no fanta citron or fanta fiesta. Still looking though...

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

I search for "ugly birds Uganda," and I come up with your blog. :-)

Please say hi to Kelsey from us!

Jeremy said...

Try an image search on Google. You'll see what she means!