Monday, December 31, 2012

Winding Down November

Phew. I have a lot of catching up to do...tonight, before the new year is upon us. Like my self-imposed deadline?

The transition from three kids to four has been tough for me! I find it interesting that different people tend to have a harder time with different jumps-- for Jeremy, going from two kids to three was much harder. I've been treading water, trying to find a new rhythm with a baby who eats every two hours around the clock and needs a lot of care (I haven't had a newborn in almost five years! I forgot!), along with a two-year-old who is testing all boundaries (albeit with a sweet smile on her face the whole time), an almost-five-year-old and a six-year-old. Again I say, phew.

So. Tonight as the world counts down, I sit in front of my fireplace, capturing the past weeks before this time disappears. It's hard to remember baby days later on. 

This was our fridge for a few weeks. It's where Jeremy wrote down Mason's name for the first time, right after he was born. I was on the phone booking flights and he came out and wrote it. And we both knew it was the right name for our little man.

Mason's first bath! I've never had to wash so much hair on a newborn! And compare his little self with his brothers' first baths. Iain has a good pound and a half on him, and Cory has two.


Iain:

Cory:
(They're going to love me for posting bath photos on here someday. Ha.)

Of course, if Mason keeps doing so much of this, he'll catch up in no time:
 He was 6 lbs, 6 oz at birth, 7 lbs at three weeks, and 8 and a half lbs at five weeks. He went from the 9th percentile in weight at three weeks to the 16th at five. Go baby go.

Way too much adoption paperwork left. But three handsome boys to watch me do it.

Coloring together.

Drinking chai together.


 The kids went bowling for the first time for their buddy Sam's birthday party. They loved it! Cory did remarkably well, too. After bowling, they did laser tag and the arcade. With his tickets, Iain bought a shot glass. He calls it his little cup and loves to drink (water!) out of it. It cracks me up.




November: done!

No comments: