Thank you to the ACCESS218 band and volunteers for putting this night on for us. Thank you Mr. G and Caleb for running sound and lights. Thank you Mom for feeding the band and for securing the location for us. Thank you Walter family for all your help with church logistics, and for making brownies. Thank you Joe and Jana for the bake sale items you brought. Thank you everyone who donated time and money to make this event happen, and thank you to everyone who gave to us to help bring our daughter home. We're so thankful to you all!
Before the event, the team sets up:
The display (designed by my sister Kelsey) in the foyer reflected the idea of the nations and God's love for them.
Our sound team:
I really enjoyed the time of worship. Jesus, be glorified!
The boys were up past their bedtime and were so tired, but loved the music. Iain danced his way to the stage more than once, and Cory asked in the silence in between each song, "What is the next one called?"
Jeremy and I shared about adoption for a few minutes. And yes, I cried. Drat.
Here, for posterity, is our outline:
A218 Adoption Fundraiser Talk
Jeremy: (3-4 min)
- Introduce us; mention Rwanda
- God’s heart for adoption: (Ephesians 1:3–7 ESV) “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,”
- Adoption is a way of seeing and understanding the gospel and salvation.
- God thinks about us in advance. God initiates.
- God brings us into His family because we have none.
- Adoption is a redemptive act.
- Tie in what you’ve learned through the adoption process
Allie: our story and what I’ve learned (4 min)
- Why we’re adopting
- Why Rwanda
- Brief timeline
- Adoption tenderizes your heart toward the hurting in the world
Adoption Challenge (2 min total)
- Not a checklist – as you enter into God’s work, you also have a chance to enter into His heart.
- Being a part of fundraising efforts for adoptive families – as they are doing tonight.
Allie: Compassion International
- Sponsor a child
Jeremy: Foster Care
- Finding ways to be involved in the foster care system
Allie: pray about adoption
- Pray about adopting
- Thanks and farewell
Thank you again to everyone - may the songs that were sung and the words that were spoken bring joy to the Father's heart and challenge us to action.