Tuesday, January 25, 2011

DTR One Year

Today is the one year anniversary of when our dossier--that big important stack of papers holding our hopes and dreams for a daughter--was "logged in" in Rwanda. DTR: dossier to Rwanda.

It's been a year.

I don't know what to say. It's been a long road, and we're not done yet. I hope we're close. We actually have more hope now than we have in months that we're moving closer. It's good. It's hard. It's painful. It's worth it.

C.S. Lewis said, "What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step."

What saves us is to wait a day. Then another day. And to cling to the hope that He who called us is faithful, that He has been faithful every single day of this year of waiting, and that He will not change.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love C.S. Lewis.
Have I mentioned you've been in my thoughts and prayers recently?
I love you guys, too!