Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mid-Week Gifts


18. play-dough and the minutes it affords me while Caiden and Iain play.
19. cool-ish weather
20. our small group that met here last night
21. peanut butter cookies with hershey's kisses on top
22. Cory learned how to give hugs
23. a good book to sink my teeth into
24. I get to play with flowers again, for Kristin's wedding in a few weeks
25. really good sermons by Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church, on my ipod while I do dishes at night
26. baby laughs
27. Yesterday, Iain plowed Cory down (again), and before I could say anything to him, he put his arm around Cory and said sweetly, "Cory, I'm sorry that I knocked you down."
28. Iain singing, especially when he sings Big Rock Candy Mountain
29. story time at the library (that deserves a post all its own!)
30. double strollers
31. Cory is learning to drink water by himself!
32. Jeremiah 31:12 "...and they shall be radiant over the goodness of the LORD... their life shall be like a watered garden, and they shall languish no more."

3 comments:

Mrs said...

I've listened to a LOT of Mark Driscoll lately. I loved his Q&A series where he spoke on the Emergent Church, Marriage, Birth Control, etc. Good stuff.

Lauren said...

Oh wow! I needed that Jeremiah verse. Definitely a gift!

Did somebody say peanut butter cookies?

Anonymous said...

I love the emphasis on gratitude for small things. After getting over a cold that dragged on for weeks, I am grateful just to be able to breathe easily again.

Papa