...and my sarcastic responses.
1. Haven't you had that baby yet? (Yes, I have. Now I'm just walking around with a pillow under my shirt so I can keep answering these delightful questions.)
2. Wasn't your due date last week/month/year? (Oh, you're right. I HAVE gone past my due date. I didn't notice.)
3. Why don't you just wait ten more days so the baby can be born on my birthday. You're almost there. (Is a response to this really necessary?)
4. So when are you going to have that baby? (Let me check my calendar. Yes, tomorrow looks good for me.)
5. Have you tried X/Y/Z yet? That'll get things started. (Yes, I've tried all the tricks. They don't work.)
6. You have to have the baby before tonight/tomorrow/next week because I have a schedule conflict. (Okay, I'll get right on that.)
7. This is nothing. I/my mother/my friend was three months late. (Because THAT is encouraging.)
8. You know, the longer the baby stays in, the bigger it's going to get. (Again, so encouraging.)
9. You don't look as pregnant as that lady over there. (Because it's possible to be a little pregnant. Right. Just like it's possible for your nose to be a little broken.)
Care to add a tenth? Rest assured that I will be just as sarcastic in answering it!